- Everyone must dress up as a pirate to be involved (only people dressed up will partake in games etc)
- Pirate games such as walk the plant and more
- Live entertainment with Biothrin followed by disco
- Special drinks
- Crowning of the 2017 Pirate Queen (only ladies)
- Crowning of Pirate (man) to walk the plant
- Everyone must use pirate Talk for the night (see links below)
- Everyone must try and pull a pirate with the suggested lines below
International Talk Like A Pirate Day
The International Talk Like a Pirate Day
The day is always on the 19th of September every year and is celebrated all around the world. Sailor’s Bar Clare Island is the only bar in Ireland celebrating the day and we are doing so in celebration of our home grown pirate, Grace O Malley (Granuaile).
Granuaile was a Fearless leader by land and by sea, political pragmatist and tactician, rebel, pirate and matriarch, the ’most notorious woman in all the coasts of Ireland’ GRACE O’MALLEY challenges and manipulates the turbulent politics of the 16th century. Breaching boundaries of gender imbalance and bias, she re-wrote the rules to become one of the world’s first documented feminist trail-blazers. (Ann Chambers)
What to expect at Sailors Bar for the night
Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day for Ladies
By popular demand …
- What are YOU doing here?
- Is that a belayin’ pin in yer britches, or are ye … (this one is never completed)
- Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!
- So, tell me, why do they call ye, “Cap’n Feathersword?”
- That’s quite a cutlass ye got thar, what ye need is a good scabbard!
- Aye, I guarantee ye, I’ve had a twenty percent decrease in me “lice ratio!”
- I’ve crushed seventeen men’s skulls between me thighs!
- C’mon, lad, shiver me timbers!
- RAMMING SPEED!
…and the number one Female Pirate Pick-up Line:
- You. Pants Off. Now!
Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day for Men
- Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
- Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
- Come on up and see me urchins.
- Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
- I’d love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
- Pardon me, but would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
- How’d you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
- Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
- Well blow me down?
…And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
- Prepare to be boarded.